Repairing the Greenhouse

A few years back the plastic greenhouse got a mighty rip after I managed to drive the quad bike into it. We’ve put up with it for a while, but the Wairarapa winds kept threatening to make it much worse if we didn’t fix it.

I talked to the manufacturers and they sent me some lovely repair tape that lasted, on average, about three weeks each time we taped it up – so not a long term solution. Sewing a patch over the rip was going to be too difficult so I tried attaching a zip to the sides of the rip and zipping the panels back together.

Here’s the finished repair. It was something of a team effort. Our friends Daniel and Kelly provided moral, technical and sewing support to start, then helpers Raeph and Lisa finished the work today (well, mostly Lisa).

It looks sturdy and it should last longer than the previous tape repairs.


Leave a Comment